Hannah has Alopecia Areata and was granted a suction wig. Hannah loves her wig and wears it with pride during her netball matches and when she’s on stage dancing, singing or acting.
Mia is autistic and has Asperger’s Syndrome. She needed a quiet space, to retreat from the world when she feels overwhelmed. Thanks to the support of people like yourself, Variety funded a cubby house for Mia: a place to call her own.
How it Works
Commit to chopping your hair, set the date and get ready to help give kids a fair go.
Your hair will be made into a wig for someone who has lost their hair due to a long-term medical condition.
Rally the support of friends and family to help you on your Hair with Heart journey, and raise money for kids in need.
Money raised will help kids living with disability, chronic illness and disadvantage.
Is your hair ready for the big chop?
We are chuffed that you want to help others but we do have some guidelines.
If your hair is too short or dyed, read more about why we’re unable to accept it and where we recommend you donate it to.
Friends and family can help support.
It’s simple to get started with your fundraising! Pick a page name. Post a picture. Write a little story about why you’re donating your hair. And that’s it!
Thinking bigger? Why not get your school or work involved? We’ve got lots of tips and tools to get you started here.
Make your big chop count.
Ask a hairdresser or even a friend or family member to chop your hair.
Make sure you’ve got the instructions on hand.
And don’t forget to take some before and after photos, or why not share a live video of your chop? #hairwithheart
Kids impacted by Variety last year
Different medical conditions were supported
Amazing people fundraising
People have donated their hair
Be inspired by others like you
I have always had long hair, it gives me so much confidence when I can dress it up with pretty things. I wanted to be able to give that same happiness and confidence to someone else..
- Kasha just donated $25
- Shelley Hall just donated $20.88
- carol davies just donated $41.76
- Lyn McKenzie just donated $31.32
- Margs OFarrell just donated $31.32
- Helen Schofield just donated $30
- Deb & Mark Atkinson just donated $31.32
- Katie Newman just donated $20.88
- Louella just donated $50
- Haylee Wright just donated $182.70
- Dominika Toscan just donated $52.20
- Margaret Sewell just donated $52.20
- Melissa Conway just donated $50
- Charlotte CRESSWELL just donated $5.22
- Michelle Stephens just donated $20.88
- Sabrina Pwroumal just donated $52.20
- Denise Sweeney just donated $75
- Samantha Bicevski just donated $20.88
- Pennie ( Nan) just donated $31.32
- Paul & Danielle just donated $52.20