How it Works
Commit to chopping your hair, set the date and get ready to help give kids a fair go.
Your hair will be made into a wig for someone who has lost their hair due to a long-term medical condition.
Rally the support of friends and family to help you on your Hair with Heart journey, and raise money for kids in need.
Money raised will help kids living with disability, chronic illness and disadvantage.
Is your hair ready for the big chop?
We are chuffed that you want to help others but we do have some guidelines.
If your hair is too short or dyed, read more about why we’re unable to accept it and where we recommend you donate it to.
Friends and family can help support.
It’s simple to get started with your fundraising! Pick a page name. Post a picture. Write a little story about why you’re donating your hair. And that’s it!
Thinking bigger? Why not get your school or work involved? We’ve got lots of tips and tools to get you started here.
Make your big chop count.
Ask a hairdresser or even a friend or family member to chop your hair.
Make sure you’ve got the instructions on hand.
And don’t forget to take some before and after photos, or why not share a live video of your chop? #hairwithheart
Meet Lily, watch her video, she shows you how to donate your hair to Variety!
Hannah has Alopecia Areata and was granted a suction wig. Hannah loves her wig and wears it with pride during her netball matches and when she’s on stage dancing, singing or acting.
Mia is autistic and has Asperger’s Syndrome. She needed a quiet space, to retreat from the world when she feels overwhelmed. Thanks to the support of people like yourself, Variety funded a cubby house for Mia: a place to call her own.
Kids impacted by Variety last year
Different medical conditions were supported
Amazing people fundraising
People have donated their hair
Be inspired by others like you
I have always wanted to donate my hair to people who don't have any. Grace also raised over $1,000 for kids in need..
CLAIRE & GEMMA - QLD
- Dianne Henderson just donated $52.20
- Louise, Robin, Indi & Tas just donated $31.32
- lucy schnall just donated $104.40
- Richard Henderson just donated $169
- Anonymous just donated $52.20
- Robyn Smith just donated $52.20
- The Zorbas Crew just donated $52.20
- Anonymous just donated $10.44
- Byrnes Family xoxo just donated $30
- Anonymous just donated $30
- Keisha just donated $73.08
- Flynn Ireland just donated $26.10
- Caroline Noulton just donated $20.88
- Anonymous just donated $31.32
- Gold Coast water delivery just donated $500
- Adena Imber just donated $31.32
- The Holden’s just donated $20.88
- Dion Montfrooy just donated $20.88
- Jordon Montfrooy just donated $20.88
- Chitha and Punchi just donated $104.40